I recently discovered subscription boxes and I am in love with the idea of a monthly beauty surprise.
How it works?
You find a website that provides this kind of monthly subscription, and you create an account. Some websites even ask you to fill in a beauty profile, so they can send you products tailored to your needs. Then, you can choose between 1-, 3-, 6- or 12-months subscriptions, with monthly payment or one-time payments. The more months you subscribe, the lower the price of the box.
Then, in the first few days of the month a box with some products (full size, deluxe size, travel size, and mini size), together with a magazine showing you how to use them, will be delivered.
Why order a subscription box?
I personally find the idea of subscription boxes amazing because I really like the surprise.
Also, it is a monthly treat that always makes my day better when it arrives.
There are many products from brands I’ve always wanted to try but didn’t because of the price. And even some brands I had never heard of before and that surprise me positively. For example, Christophe Robin hair scrub is something I discovered through those boxes and that is now part of my routine.
Lastly, the price of the box is much less than buying the products separately, so the price-value of the box is worth it.
What subscription boxes are there?
LookFantastic, Glossybox, Ipsy and Birchbox are the most famous ones. However, in my country (Romania) only Lookfantastic offers these services, for a price between 85 RON (for a 1-month subscription) and 73.45 RON (for a 12-months subscription).
Other less know boxes that deliver to Romania and that I found are:
- Nomakenolife (NMNL) subscription box – it is a monthly box with products from Japan and South Korea. I ordered one to see how it looks like and when I receive it, I will post a review here on the website;
- Cohorted beauty box – it is a monthly box with luxury products from brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Huda Beauty, Mac, Nars, Benefit, YSL, Drunk Elephant etc. The price is quite high (around 225 RON plus transport) but you get more than 10 products, of which at least 3 are full size products. Also, I like that they give no spoilers from one month to another of what the box will contain. I am still considering subscribing to this box because I always watch YouTube reviews on the monthly boxes, and I absolutely love the products inside them.
LookFantastic January box
I just received the LookFantastic January box a few days ago, and I can show you here what you can find inside it in case you consider getting it.
The theme of the month is inspiration, and the products you can find inside are:
- Molton Brown body lotion with orange and bergamot (deluxe size of 100ml, worth £7)
- Lumene oxygen recovery 72h hydra gel mask (deluxe size of 15ml, worth £4.9)
- This Works morning expert hyaluronic serum (deluxe size of 15ml, worth £18.5)
- StylDry coconut and fig hair mask (deluxe size of 50 ml, worth £11)
- Brushworks scalp massage brush (full size, worth £7.99)
- Dr. Lipp original nipple balm for dry skin (full size of 8ml worth aproximately £10).
So what do you think? Would you use such a service to try new products? Also, if you know other subscription boxes please leave me a comment below so that I can also check them.
And if you never tried LookFantastic, you can receive an extra discount of 50RON for your first order using this link or the code MANEA-R1T.