Who we are
Our website address is: https://cosminamanea.com.
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
At any point you wish, you can be informed, modify, change, add, or remove your Personal Data stored by this blog.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Comments on this blog are not edited or manually approved. We encourage freedom of speech and we are not responsible for any opinion a third party might express in their comments.
The links towards personal sites available in the comments are no-follow links.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you fill in the subscribe to newsletter section, we will collect your email for this purpose only. If you want to unsubscribe you can chose this option from your email when you receive your newsletter, and your email will be automatically deleted from our database.
Newsletter will be send only once per week and it can include information that is not otherwise available on the website in order to reward the subscribers.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting. They help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytics cookies – are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. These cookies are also used to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.
- Performance cookies – these cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
In this case, the cookies policy set out on the third party’s website will also apply. As this won’t be controlled by us, you should read their policy to find out what information is being collected and how it’s used.
Advertising and affiliate marketing
This blog uses advertising and ads on its pages, as well as affiliate marketing links. Also, there may be some PR products that the owner received and reviewed on the website. In this case it will be specifically mentioned at the end of the article this fact.
Who we share your data with
This site uses plugins that improve its functionality. Some of them require a collection of Personal Data, such as Google Analytics. In order to opt out of sharing your data with those third parties, you can always customise what you share by removing / changing / adding data to your cookie consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- Gain information via Google Analytics. Information such as the country you reside in and how many pages you visit on our site. This helps me to better understand where my readers are coming from and what content they wish to see more of.
- Ensure you are a real person when leaving a comment on a post and that you are not a bot.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- allow you access to commenting
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- To send you emails after you have subscribed to our email list, whether you subscribed through one of the many giveaways I participate in that requires your email in order to enter or whether it be from the subscription box on the blog.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks with security software.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Cosmina [at] anndreeamanea [at] gmail [dot] com
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website.
Last modification was made 03/16/2023.